Common door, window & glazing faults:
- Double Glazed Unit (DGU) thermally broken down - Replace.
- Drainage blocked or insufficient - Clear or re-rout.
- Insufficient air circulation in room - Fit trickle vents in frame.
- Inefficient DGU - Replace for new 'K' specification argon filled DGU.
- Living conditions - Look to unvented condensing appliances.
Door & Window issues:
- Won't lock - Out of alignment or broken hardware - Service / repair.
- Stiff handle operation - as above.
- Draughty / leaking - Lack of compression - Usually requires servicing, possible broken hardware and or shrunken weather sealing gasket - Service /
- Dragging on sill - Re-alignment required via hinges and or glass / panel.
Safety & Security Requirements:
All doors & windows must meet the minimum requirements of BS7950 (windows) PAS24 (doors) this is a
requirement of all home contents insurance providers.
- Windows: Locking handles.
- Doors: Min 15mm deadbolt or hook lock engagement.
Child Safety - windows: Safety devices must be fitted to all 1st floors and above windows. We can offer
concealed or face fixed devices, all BS EN Tested &
- We only supply and install BS Specified glass such as safety glass to patio doors, French doors and windows below 800mm from floor height.
- We only supply and install Argon filled 'K' spec double glazed units. (silver or black spacer bar as required)
- All glass installation is in accordance with BS6262 Pt.2 - code of practice.
Replacement door and window hardware & glass:
- All hardware is supplied by long standing industry partners such as Mila Hardware Ltd, Titon Hardware Ltd and VBH GB.
- All glass / dgu's are locally manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Replacement hardware - 1 - 5 years (manufacturer dependant).
- Replacement Glass / DGU's - 5 years.
- Labour - 1 year.
- Provided in writing.
- Held for 30 days.
- VAT registered.
- On satisfactory completion of works our invoice will be presented for payment.
- Payment by Cash / Cheque / Bank Transfer.
- CSCS compliant - safe working practice accreditation card.
- Public Liability Insurance - £5,000,000.00
- 41yrs industry experience in manufacture, design, application and installation.
We will be pleased to offer you personal and no-obligation advice. Simply contact via detailed options in our contact us page.